USAble Mutual Insurance Company

1095 tax form FAQs

  • General 1095 Tax Form Questions

  • What is a 1095-B form?

    This form verifies that you had healthcare coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act (ACA) definition of "minimum essential coverage" during 2015 through USAble Mutual. You will need this form when you file your 2015 federal income tax return. Under the ACA, USAble Mutual is required to report this information to the Internal Revenue Service.

  • Will I receive a 1095 tax form?

    If you had healthcare coverage in 2015 that meets the description of minimum essential coverage (MEC) under the Affordable Care Act, you should receive a 1095 tax form. If you have coverage that has limited benefits, such as a short-term health plan, you will not receive a 1095 tax form.

  • Which 1095 form will I receive?

    The version of the 1095 form you receive (A, B or C) depends on where you get your healthcare coverage. It really doesn't matter which form you receive, as long as you receive at least one. If you don't receive one, and you had healthcare coverage through us, please contact Customer Service.

  • Could I receive more than one form?

    Yes. If you had healthcare coverage through more than one insurance provider, or you worked for an employer with a large number of employees, you may receive more than one 1095 form. No matter how many forms you receive, you should verify that the amount of time you were covered is accurately reflected on each form.

  • What if I was told I need a 1095-A or 1095-C form?

    USAble Mutual will only be distributing the 1095-B form to some of our members. We will not be distributing the other forms. You will have to contact your employer or government agency if you are receiving a different form.